If you are within three months of turning age 65 or older and not ready to start your monthly Social Security benefits yet, you can use our online retirement application to sign up just for Medicare and wait to apply for your retirement or spouse's benefits later. It takes less than 10 minutes, and there are no forms to sign, and usually, no documentation is required.
If you have Medicare, you can get information and services online. Find out how to manage your benefits.
If you are enrolled in Medicare Part A and you want to enroll in Part B, please complete form CMS-40B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare – Part B (medical insurance). If you are applying for Medicare Part B due to a loss of employment or group health coverage, you will also need to complete form CMS-L564, Request for Employment Information.
You can use one of the following options to submit your enrollment request under the Special Enrollment Period:
- Go to “Apply Online for Medicare Part B During a Special Enrollment Period” and complete CMS-40Band CMS-L564. Then upload your evidence of Group Health Plan or Large Group Health Plan.
- Fax or mail your CMS-40B, CMS-L564, and secondary evidence to your local Social Security office(see list of secondary evidence below).
- State “I want Part B coverage to begin (MM/YY)” in the remarks section of the CMS-40B form or online application.
- If possible, your employer should complete Section B.
- If your employer is unable to complete Section B, please complete that portion as best as you can on behalf of your employer without your employer’s signature and submit one of the following forms of secondary evidence:
- Income tax form that shows health insurance premiums paid.
- W-2s reflecting pre-tax medical contributions.
- Pay stubs that reflect health insurance premium deductions.
- Health insurance cards with a policy effective date.
- Explanations of benefits paid by the GHP or LGHP.
- Statements or receipts that reflect payment of health insurance premiums.
You’ll have Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) unless you make another choice. You can decide to add a drug plan (Part D) or buy a Medigap policy to help pay for costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. You can choose to join a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) and get all your Medicare coverage (including drugs and extra benefits like vision, hearing, dental, and more) bundled together in one plan.
In the busy world we live in, you have enough things to worry about, insurance doesn't have to be one of them! Let FD Insurance take that off your plate!
Fill out this short form and an FD Insurance Agent will contact you the same business day with your FREE quote.
If you need immediate assistance, please call (316) 927-2922.